Subject: Re[2]: Stereo Imaging
From: "Bristol, Michael" <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:40:42 -0500

Wouldn't you want to set up two nulls:  
        1) One for the camera to follow (call it a NOSE)
        2) One for the camera to target (call it a TARGET)
     
     Two renders - one for each "eye".  Offset the camera from the nose a 
     bit to one side.  All you would have to do is move the NOSE around and 
     move the TARGET around.  When the render for one eye is done, you'd 
     have to move the camera to the other side and run through it again.
     
     How you put it into a certain format (the red/blue or the stereogram 
     stuff) would be another matter entirely.  I suppose there'd have to be 
     a plug-in that worked from the actual positions of the objects if you 
     wanted to do the cross-eyed stereogram pictures.  The red/blue would 
     be a different story though.
     
     Mike

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: Re: Stereo Imaging
Author:  [email-masked] at felix
Date:    1/19/96 9:22 AM

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Tan Tuan Hiang Cheryl A wrote:
     
> Hi,
> Does anyone know how I can get Lightwave to render an Animation so that I 
> can get a stereo image when I put on a pair of red/blue viewers? Thanks 
> in advance.
> 
> Greg
     
 I have given this topic a bit of thought myself! Since there is 
no STEREO option in Lightwave the best thing I could think of is to 
parent your camera to a null, and offset it to the left a certain 
distance. Render you animation/still, and then go in and offser the 
camera the same distance from the null, but in the opposite direction. 
This distance I'm referring to should be half the separation you want 
between the two cameras (only makes sense). Then rerender with the new 
camera position. If your camera already has a motion, copy that motion to 
the null, and parent you camera, and delete all the keys for the camera.
 This should do it.... Let me know what you get...

     
      .. adrian ..
        [email-masked]
         http://www.acs.ryerson.ca/~aonsen
         "(warning on batman costume) Caution: Cape does
        not enable user to fly"